A volunteering campaign for Foodlink, Inc..
About This Campaign
Thank you for choosing to volunteer with Foodlink. We are excited to host your team on [ Date/ Shift]. To join your [ company’s or organization’s] volunteer reservation, please click the big red “volunteer” button at the top of the page and use password [custom password] to register for the desired shift(s)
To prepare for your [ company’s or organization] volunteer shift in our [ Job ] please see details below.
- Volunteers help us sort, inspect, categorize, weigh and pack non-perishable food donations for shipment to our partner agencies. Projects are done on an as-needed basis
- Please wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Please leave valuables at home, or in your car
- Food and Drinks are not allowed in the Distribution Center
- All volunteers should park in Lot B in the back of the Foodlink building at 1999 Mt. Read Boulevard. Enter the lot off the Mt. Read Service Rd and continue back along the left side of the building. Turn right and past the kitchen entrance until you reach the volunteer entrance. Ring the buzzer if the door is not already open.
Campaign to Support Foodlink, Inc.
Foodlink is a community food resource center and the Feeding America food bank serving Allegany, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne,Wyoming, and Yates counties. We leverage the power of food to transform lives,end hunger and build healthier communities. Through good stewardship,innovation and collaboration, Foodlink mobilizes a diverse network of partners and stakeholders to eradicate both the symptoms and root causes of hunger. Our suite of food access programs provides new access points to nutritious and affordable food in under-served communities. Our team of nutrition educators empowers people at risk of diet-related illness with the skills and knowledge to make healthy choices. Our food banking operations distribute millions of pounds of food to a network of hundreds of human service agencies throughout our service area. The Foodlink Community Kitchen prepares and delivers thousands of meals daily for Rochester children, supports our regional agricultural economy by slicing locally grown apples, and hosts a one-of-a-kind career empowerment program to train individuals with barriers to employment for careers in the regional food industry. Learn more about how we are creating healthy futures for every community we serve at www.foodlinkny.org