PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP
Welcome to Foodlink's new Volunteer Calendar!
We're grateful for your interest in helping us to achieve our vision of a healthy, hunger-free community here in Rochester, NY. Each year the Food Bank distributes more than 17 million pounds of food to 200,000 individuals in our 10 county service area, and we couldn't do that without our amazing volunteers!
To sign up to volunteer for a shift at Foodlink, you must first complete your account registration. Remember to write down your username and password, you will use this every time you sign up. Once you're registered, simply choose the available date and time that work best for you and click the "Sign Up" button.
**Group leaders must first register and then call to set up a shift for more than one individual. Please call Jessica Lockett at 585-413-4094 to sign up a group.**
We will not be able to schedule groups in the same week of a request
Any groups with children under the age of 18 must have the waiver form completed for each youth individual.
**Court Mandated Community Service hours are not available on this calendar. Please call Jes Rooks at 585-413-5059 for more information.
For specific information on each project, please scroll to the bottom of the page..
- Volunteer Opportunities Descriptions
- Warehouse/distribution center: Volunteers sort through non-perishable food donations to check them for quality, categorize, weigh and package them to prepare them for shipment to our partner agencies. Another project is to help pack bags for our weekend BackPack Program. Must be at least 8 years old. Ages 8-16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Foodlink Community Kitchen: Volunteers will help prepare and assemble meals and snacks for children, and perform any tasks needed in the kitchen to ensure the safe and timely delivery of our meals. Please arrive on time. Timeliness is critical for our kitchen production staff. If you are late to your shift, we reserve the right to redirect you to the warehouse for an open volunteering shift. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Special Project Volunteers: Foodlink can accommodate individuals and groups with developmental or intellectual disabilities for one-hour volunteer shifts, Tuesday through Friday. Online registration and sign-up is required, as Foodlink no longer accepts walk-in volunteers.
- Curbside Market: Volunteers will help our team load/unload produce, accept transactions, and engage with customers about eating healthy food. For more information, call Ritti Signh at 585-413-4068. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Administrative/Computer assistance: Foodlink currently needs assistance with various administrative office tasks, including data entry from waiver forms into an Excel document. Volunteers must have experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Nutrition Education: Volunteers can assist with our Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetables workshops at the Public Market, or with Cooking Matters, a 6-week course run by Foodlink educators designed to teach participants how to select nutritious and low-cost ingredients, and prepare them in ways that provide the best nourishment possible to their families. For more information call Margaret Liljedahl at 585-413-4050