Waiver and Release of Liability
In connection with my voluntary involvement in activities undertaken for, and/or with the participation and support of Foodlink, I, the undersigned, hereby agree, for myself, my heirs, assigns, executors, and administers to release and discharge Foodlink and its affiliates, nonprofit partner agencies, its officers and directors, members, partners, funders, employees, agents, and volunteers (the “Releasees”) from all claims, demands, and actions from injuries sustained to me, other people and/or property as a result of my involvement in such activities. I agree to release and hold Foodlink and the Releasees harmless from any cause or action, claims or suit arising therefrom. I hereby attest that my attendance and involvement in such activities is voluntary, that I am participating at my own risk and that I have read the foregoing terms and conditions of this release. I understand in the case of accident or injury that my health insurance is the primary insurance coverage. I hereby confirm, represent and warrant that I have never been charged with or convicted of any crime involving or relating to child abuse or neglect, child pornography, child abduction, or any other violent offense, including kidnapping, domestic violence, rape or any sexual offense, or who have ever been ordered by a court to receive psychiatric or psychological treatment in connection therewith. I agree that I will perform activities that I am comfortable performing and will follow all instructions. I hereby confirm that I have completed all necessary volunteer training, including, but not limited to, Civil Rights and Food Safety training. I also grant full permission for Foodlink and their Releasees, to forever use photographs, videos, audios or quotations from me in legitimate accounts and promotion of Foodlink activities, with or without identification of me by name, and without compensation. This includes Foodlink’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media and media sources. In the course of volunteering at Foodlink, I understand that I may work with confidential information. I agree to keep such information in the strictest confidence. I must abide by the volunteer policies and procedures outlined above, below and otherwise provided to me. In the event of enforcement of this release by Foodlink or the Releasees, I agree to pay all enforcement expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
Code of Conduct that I will follow for all volunteer assignments:
• Must wear closed-toed shoes, wear appropriate attire for events and type of work.
• Wash your hands before and after handling food items and follow all food safety guidelines.
• Running, throwing, horseplay, and stepping on pallets, equipment, or food is a safety hazard and not permitted.
• Safety is first priority, please be aware of your surroundings, mindful of the vehicles, use proper lifting techniques, and display mature behavior.
• Food and other products may not be removed from the warehouse, kitchen, event spaces, or trucks.
• Volunteers are responsible for cleaning up their area.
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the Foodlink staff.
• Foodlink will not be responsible for any missing personal belongings, please leave at home or in your car.
• Sexual harassment, violence, or offensive speech will not be tolerated.
• No one under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be permitted to volunteer.
No tobacco use during a volunteer shift.
• All volunteers must sign in immediately before volunteering begins.